This is a good one!
If you remember the early alpha days, the anonymous account management thing created a lot of issues you and I. Well, that’ll no longer be the case. This has been moved to a more concrete system.
However, do note that this may not correctly work on first run, so I recommend you to copy your account ID and keep it handy incase you need to restore your account.
- There’s a new launch screen that guides you through your anonymous account setup process and subscription setup. During the betas, you won’t be charged for the subscription, so please go along with it. If you do get charged (Apple!), I’ll send you cookies worth the same amount.
- Access restrictions are in place when a subscription expires or lapses however they won’t be effect during the betas. They’ll get activated once the app releases on the App store.
- Animated GIFs now require you to tap on the GIF button to load the image and then the play button to play them. This is done so as to deter the usage of GIFs and save precious power and CPU cycles.
- Video elements are now natively supported (including livestream links)
- When adding new feeds, a visual dialog is now added to let you know that the app is processing your request.
- Gallery items now correct announce captions for images when VoiceOver is enabled.
- Improved guided access control for gallery navigation
- Fixed an issue where labels of certain buttons were read incorrectly or mixed up.
- Fixed an issue where Voice Over sometimes did not correctly read the title of the active interface (usually occurs for modals).
- Fixed loading of bookmarks from the server during post-setup syncs.
- Fixed an issue where the “Move to Folder” interface used to show a checkmark against None even if a folder is selected.
- Fixed empty states not appearing correctly on some devices.
- Fixed the Author’s interface showing articles from all authors from that Subscription.
- Fixed a caching issue that caused old caches to be displayed instead of the latest information from the server.
- Version: 1.0.0
- Build 91.
- Pipe: Beta-04