2019 has been Elytra’s first full year in Production. It has since gone from v1.1 to v1.5 with work having begun on v1.6 before I left for a small vacation (following my wedding) in December.
Over this year, Elytra’s UI has evolved significantly and with the v1.6 changes, it is about to become a whole lot better. Here are some quick stats over the year, reflecting on how Elytra has grown:
- New Feeds: 2K+
- New Articles: 5M+
- New Users with Push Notifications Enabled: 700+
- Average Unique Articles read every day: 100+
- Average Unique Users active every day: 100+
To put these numbers into perspective:
- New Feeds YoY Change: + 1666.67%
- New Articles YoY Increase: + 312.5%
- New Users with Notifications Enabled YoY Change: + 8750%
- Average Unique Articles YoY Change: +850%
- Average Unique Users YoY Change: +1800%
I also managed to reduce Elytra’s Monthly server bill by 15% by optimising certain parts of the code while improving processing speeds. Once I get that figure down to approximately 40-50% (or revenue increases which bridges the gap), I hope to pass on the savings to Elytra’s users and finally introduce the Free Tier.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year. May all your plans for the new year succeed.