The first release of March, 2022 is here and includes a variety of improvements and bug fixes.
The is the first release to introduce Neptune, Elytra’s own full-text extractor based on modern technologies.
If you feel generous and have a couple of minutes, please leave a review on the App Store. It makes a huge difference for me. Thank you in advance.
Here’s what’s new and changed in v2022.03.0:
- The app now uses Neptune, a new full-text extractor, for fetching full-text content for articles.
- [macOS] Added Read and Bookmark buttons to the toolbar.
- You can now import and export your feed settings.
- Fixed articles rendering an image caption again as a normal paragraph.
- Fixed an accessibility bug where large bodies of text would not be picked up by VoiceOver.
- Fixed an accessibility bug where image captions would sometimes skip punctuations when using VoiceOver.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when opening an article in its own window.
- Fixed fetching full-text and reloading full-text content.
- Fixed discarding loaded full-text content.
- Fixed a critical issue where the app would start into an invalid state after setting up the account.
- Fixed a crash which would sometimes occur when opening an article in the browser.
- Fixed a crash which would sometimes occur when setting up an article.
If you see continous errors when fetching information about subscriptions, purchasing or restoring: please check if you have a custom DNS blocker enabled on your device. Some of these prevent connections to the service Elytra now uses to manage subscriptions. You may have to unblock
api.revenuecat.com in your DNS blocker settings to get things to work.