The September release of Elytra focuses on bringing new features and improving performance & reliability of the app. It also brings support for iOS 16 and the newly released iPhone 14 and 14 Pro family of devices.
If you feel generous and have a couple of minutes, please leave a review on the App Store. It makes a huge difference for me. Thank you in advance.
- Support for the latest OS releases.
- Added section under Settings > Account to transition from a private ID to an Apple ID
- Elytra now uses the common internal logging framework for fetching, displaying and archiving logs
- You can now open independant multiple windows of Elytra on iPads
- Searching in articles now uses the new Apple framework for a seamless system-UI experience.
- Added multi-selection in the articles list
- Added multi-selection context menus for bulk updating articles
- Multi-selection support now enables dragging and dropping multiple articles
- Two New Widgets for the Lockscreen:
- Unreads: Shows the unread articles from the last two weeks. The gauge counts up all the articles in the last two weeks.
- Today: Shows the number of unread articles from today. The gauge counts up all articles from today.
Both widgets open the respective section in the app for quick access.
- Keyboard focus mode now enabled throughout the app
- Improved performance of loading feeds, articles and processing filters
- Improved performance of pulling new articles from Elytra Cloud
- Improved article rendering performance by nearly 2x
- Improved internal caching mechanisms
- Reduced power usage signficantly when scrolling through long lists of articles
- Tap anywhere on the empty view to display the sidebar if it is not visible
- Improvements to the networking library used to communicate with the Elytra API
- Improved sync performance for new installations of an existing account
- Fixed search crashing on iOS
- Fixed crash on sign up (after a fresh installation)
- Fixed a critical bug causing older articles to be marked as filtered even when no filters were applicable.
- Fixed a critical bug causing Re-sync to crash sometimes
- Fixed importing OPML and Feed Settings files
- Fixed onboarding getting stuck when signing-in with a Private ID
- Fixed an bug with the Folder’s widget always showing no articles
- Fixed an bug with the Folder’s widget not correctly displaying micro.blog style posts
- Fixed opening articles from widgets when the app isn’t running
- Fixed reset account hanging after launching app
- Fixed wrong icon displayed for the Share sheet extension